Thursday, August 24, 2006

Right Seat Practice

Went flying with Dean today. I was PIC most of the flight from the right seat. I'm trying to get as much right seat work as I can in preparation for CFI-A. Things seem pretty weird at first but by the end of the flight I feel pretty comfortable.

I did the takeoff and departed MMK to the east for some maneuvers. I did slow flight, a power off stall, a power on stall, steep turns and a chandelle and I think they were all within PTS standards which made me feel great.

I flew back to MMK and did a landing. The landing was fairly soft but right of centerline (as I'd expect) and fairly flat. The next time around I came in faster than I would have liked so I floated a little bit but still landed pretty soft-this time much closer to the centerline. The last landing was just about perfect. I landed just past the numbers and it was a squeaker right on the centerline.

My confidence and comfort from the right seat are increasing but I don't think i'm ready to fly right seat with a non-pilot in the left seat just yet.

No comments: