Monday, August 07, 2006

Commercial Written......Check!

So I took the written exam today at Hummingbird Heliport. It was infinitely easier than going to East Haddam like I had to do for my Instrument written back in 1999. I walked in, showed them my ID and within a few minutes I was working on the test.

For the most part, it was everything that I expected. It's essentially a Private Written but with a heavy emphasis on aircraft performance and Commercial CFRs. I went through the whole exam in 45 minutes and then went through the ones that I flagged to return to. There was about 10 of them that I wasn't sure of the answers to. I had them all narrowed down to 2 possible answers and depending on the interpretation of the question, it could be either of them. I did my best and walked out of there with an 89%.

Not the best score in the world but certainly passing and acceptable. When I got home, I looked at the classifications for the questions I missed and they were mostly in the areas that I had originally flagged. I suspect my educated guesses weren't the greatest.

I called the FAA Examiner and scheduled my checkride for this Thursday! I better hit the books and prepare for the oral exam. He wants me to plan a flight to Lancaster PA and he wants it planned twice. First for best performance and again for best efficiency.

No comments: